MCHS Marching Band Competes at Central Dauphin
On Saturday the Mifflin County HS Marching Band traveled to Landis Field at Central Dauphin Middle School to compete in the Annual Ram Band Tournament of Bands, (TOB)), Competition. MCHS came home with another First Place and the Specialty Awards for Best Color Guard and Drum Line in Group 3-A Class.
The band’s score of 88.260 puts them in 2nd Place overall in TOB’s Group 3-A Class (out of 36 bands from seven states). Other scores from Group 3-A Class are:
- Point Pleasant Boro HS, (Point Pleasant, NJ)-88.530
- Mifflin County HS, (Lewistown, PA)-88.260
- Mahwah HS, (Mahwah, NJ)-87.985
- Cherry Hill East HS, (Cherry Hill, NJ)-86.990
- Morris Hills HS, (Rockaway, NJ)-85.375
- Wayne Hills HS, (Wayne, NJ)-84.865
- Rising Sun HS, (North East, MD)-84.485
- Hightstown HS, (Hightstown, NJ)-83.880
- Toms River East HS, (Toms River, NJ)-83.615
- Sayreville War Memorial HS, (Parlin, NJ)-82.845
Band Director Art Belfiore said, “the band did this weekend what they have been doing for the last 9 weeks, working hard during rehearsals and performing to the best of their ability.
Each week we add new design elements to the show so it is constantly evolving. Everything we have added over the past three weeks the students have performed each Friday and Saturday. They continue to raise the bar of excellence each week.
It is exciting to watch them perform. The staff and parents can’t wait to see how the final three weeks of the season go.”
The MCHS Marching Band will perform again next weekend at the West Shore Classic Band Competition held at Cedar Cliff HS in Harrisburg. Tickets and other show information can be obtained from Art Belfiore at MCHS.