MCHS Band Finishes Regular Season with a victory
The Mifflin County High School Marching Band finished the Tournament of Bands, (TOB), regular season Saturday night at the West Shore Classic Band Competition held at Cedar Cliff High School in Camp Hill. The band finished first in Group 3-A Class and also won the Specialty Awards for Best Music, Best Visual/Marching, Best Drum Line and Best Color Guard.
The band scored 88.870 which puts them in First Place overall in TOB’s Group 3-A Class. Band Director Art Belfiore said, “I know this sounds like a broken record but the band had their best performance of the year. We had a great rehearsal Saturday morning and that carried through to Saturday night. We made some last minute changes and additions to the show on Thursday and the students did an excellent job putting those changes on the field during the performance at West Shore. We could not be more proud of what they accomplished so far this year. Now that the regular season is over and we move on to Championships the scores in our classification are tightening up. It will definitely be REALLY exciting over the next two weeks.”
The MCHS band now advances to the TOB Susquehanna Valley Region 4 Championship event held next Saturday at Crispin Field in Berwick. On Saturday, October 26th the band will once again travel to West Shore Stadium for the TOB Atlantic Coast Championship Competition. Information about both competitions can be obtained from Mr. Belfiore at MCHS.
TOB Group 3-A Class Scores
- Mifflin County, (Lewistown, PA)-88.870
- Point Pleasant Borough, (Point Pleasant, NJ)-88.530
- Hightstown, (Hightstown, NJ)-88.065
- Mahwah, (Mahwah, NJ)-87.985
- Washington Township, (Sewell, NJ)-87.860
- Toms River East, (Toms River, NJ)-87.430
- Wayne Hills, (Wayne, NJ)-87.105
- Cherry Hill East, (Cherry Hill, NJ)-86.990
- Morris Hills, (Rockaway, NJ)-85.375
- Sayreville War Memorial, (Parlin, NJ)-85.335