MCHS Band Comes Home with another First Place
The MCHS Marching Band had a great night at the Donegal High School Tournament of Bands, (TOB), Competition on Saturday in Mount Joy, PA. The band came home with another First Place in TOB’s Group 3-A Class, as well as the Specialty Awards for Best Color Guard and Best Drum Line. The band scored 84.005 which moves them into second place overall in Group 3-A Class.
Band Director Art Belfiore said he was, “very pleased and proud of what the students accomplished this week. They had excellent rehearsals on Tuesday and Thursday, and a stand out performance at the game on Friday night in Shippensburg. We got back to Lewistown at about 1130 PM on Friday and the students had to be in before 8 AM Saturday morning. Despite that fact they had a great rehearsal in the morning and an even better performance at Donegal High School. They keep raising the bar as to how good they perform. It is exactly what they need to do. The season is only seven weeks long and after two weeks they are marching and performing well beyond our expectations for late September.”
Other scores in Group 3-A are as follows:
- Point Pleasant HS, (Point Pleasant, NJ)-84.115
- Mifflin County HS, (Lewistown, PA)-84.005
- Hightstown HS, (Hightstown, NJ)-81.355
- Morris Hills HS, (Rockaway, NJ)-81.355
- Wayne Hills HS, (Wayne, NJ)-80.825
- Rising Sun HS, (North East, MD)-79.135
- Northern Highlands Regional HS, (Allendale, NJ)-78.825
- Toms River East HS, (Toms River, NJ)-78.775
- Lake Forest HS, (Felton, DE)-78.535
- William Penn HS, (New Castle, DE)-77.370
The MCHS Marching Band will be in competition next weekend at the Mechanicsburg “Music In The Park” Show held at Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Park in Mechanicsburg, PA. Tickets can be obtained from Art Belfiore at MCHS.