Directions for Parent/Students at MCHS for October 5-9
By now I am sure all of you have been notified that we have to close the high school from Monday, October 5, 2020-Friday, October 9, 2020. We will be reopened on Monday, October 12, 2020. In light of this new development, I want to provide clarity on a few things:
- All students should do their attendance each day just like they do on Virtual Fridays. They should get in skyward and click on attendance and grades. If you don’t have access to the internet, you can call in your attendance from 5:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. (717-242-0240).
- If students normally get paper copies of their work for remote Friday, teachers have made paper copies for them for this week. These can be picked up at the high school. There are tables set up outside in the area behind the pillars and in front of the ticket booths. Work is in yellow envelopes with the students name on them and are placed in alphabetical order on those tables. Parents and/or students can pick them up. They are available immediately.
- If a student does NOT normally get paper copies but needs them this week, please call the school and give the student’s name. We will contact the teachers and have them send the work to one of the principals who will make the necessary copies and place them outside on the tables when prepared.
- There is a large wooden box outside, in the area behind the pillars. If students want to return work, please place the work in a folder or envelope with the students name and the teachers name on it and place it in the box. We will check every morning and bring the work in to the teacher’s mailboxes. Please note that you can wait and turn work in next week on Monday, October 12 as well.
- If your student is on the wait list to get a laptop, please contact the high school office and we will explain how we can get those to you.
- Please note that there was an error on the October newsletter. Please disregard the email about the yearbook. That was inadvertently copied in this newsletter and is not applicable at this time. Any new yearbook news will be included in future newsletters.
- All extra-curricular activities including athletics are canceled this week. Senior picture make-ups scheduled for October 5 will be rescheduled as will the lockdown drill that was scheduled for October 8, 2020 at 8:15 a.m.