Web 2.0 Tools
- Printing Press
- LetterPop Use LetterPop to create eye-popping newsletters, actionable presentations, irresistible invitations, beautiful product features, sizzling event summaries, informative club updates, lovely picture collages, and a whole lot more.
- PikiKids Create your own comics
- Blabberize Blabberize is a fun way to animate photos with a recorded voice track. Take any picture, set the area for the mouth, and record your voice via the microphone on your computer or your phone.
- SlideRocket This software lets you quickly make stunning presentations, manage a library of slides and assets, share them securely with colleagues, and measure how they're used.
- Museum Box This site provides the tools for you to build a description of an event, person or historical period by placing items in a virtual box. You can display anything from a text file to a movie. You can also view and comment on the museum boxes submitted by others.
- VoiceThread allows conversation to take place around video, slides, and other docs, including the ability to draw and add to the presentation.
- TimeRime Create your own timeline.
- Jing Create simple video tutorials in a flash! Take a screen shot, share information about the screen shot with text boxes, arrows, and more or record and narrate what you see and do on the screen.
- CamStudio Record all screen and audio activity on your computer and create industry-standard AVI video files.
- Microsoft Producer Producer for PowerPoint is an add-on for PowerPoint 2002 and PowerPoint 2003 that makes it easy to capture, synchronize, and publish audio, video, slides, and images.
URL Shortening Tools
- Tinypaste Just like other URL shortening services, TinyPaste produces a short address. But instead of directing users to a regular webpage, a TinyPaste’s URL sends its clickers to a simple page displaying the poster’s message.
- Moourl URL shortening service. If you have a really long URL, just paste it in the text field and a shortened url is created. It lasts forever, it's copied to your clipboard and it's really cute.
- Teacher Tube This site is similar to YouTube. Just type in your subject and you will find lots of great videos created by students and teachers for classroom use.
- Wordle Wordle generates "word clouds" from text that you provide and provides a graphical analysis of your text. It takes the words that are used the most and makes them the biggest so you can immediately "see" what words are used the most frequently. This is a great way for students to see what words they use the most often and revise and edit their writing accordingly. The "word clouds" are also really beautiful and they can be tweaked with different fonts, layouts, and colors and they can be printed or saved.
This site provides an online calculator that works quickly using numbers or words, is shareable and can create charts. Take a tour of its features. InstaCalc Feature Tour
In the News
- 10 X10 100 words and pictures that define the times.
- Breaking News Up to the minute news.
- TimeSpace TimeSpace is an interactive map that allows you to navigate articles, photos, video and commentary from around the globe. Discover news hot-spots where coverage is clustered. Use the timeline to illustrate peaks in coverage, and customize your news searches to a particular day or specific hour. (Many Washington Post stories appear at midnight; others are published throughout the day as news happens.
- CNN Student News
Other Cool Tools
Choose a category on the side and you will find a vast amount of online programs to help you create fantastic projects
Presentation By Maddie Kauffman and Erica Wagner